17th to 19th August 2020
Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge, Arusha, Tanzania
Objectives of the meeting
- To promote regional and international collaboration in training, research and outreach.
- To provide a forum for interaction of African mathematicians and others from outside Africa in the view of sharing experiences in mathematics training, research and dissemination activities.
Request for participation
The intention is that the network meeting will consist of members who are already established in their respective group or specialisation. New potential members are advised to apply.
The registration for the network meeting will be open 1 February to 30 April 2020.
When you register, you are expected to indicate which field of the already established research groups you are closest to:
- Pure mathematics: Complex analysis, PDEs and applications, Operator theory and function spaces, Algebra, Combinatorics
- Applied mathematics: Invers problems and PDEs, Financial mathematics, Operational research, Biomathematics
- Statistics: Applied probability theory, Multivariate statistical inference
These choices will be the basis for the distribution of the participants into groups.
Letters of invitation will be issued to participants upon request for processing of travel documents.
- Dr. Martin Singull, Linköping University, Sweden (Chair)
- Dr. Addisalem Abathun, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- Dr. Juma Kasozi, Makerere University, Uganda
- Prof. João Paulo Munembe, Eduardo Mondlane University, Mozambique
- Prof. Allen Mushi, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Dr. Betty K. Nannyonga, Makerere University, Uganda
- Dr. Japhet Niyobuhungiro, University of Rwanda, Rwanda
- Dr. Fanja Rakotondrajao, University of Antananarivo, Madagascar
- Dr. LaylaSorkatti, University of Khartoum, Sudan
- Dr. Isaac D. Tembo, University of Zambia, Zambia
- Prof. Hamidou Toure, University of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- Prof. Patrick Weke, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Local organising committee
- Dr. Sylvester Rugeihyamu, University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Tanzania (Chair)
- Dr. David Koloseni, UDSM (Secretary)
- Prof. Eunice Mureithi, UDSM (Head of Dept)
- Prof. Allen Mushi, UDSM
- Dr. James Makungu, UDSM
- Dr. Shaban Nyimvua, UDSM
- Dr. Theresia Marijani, UDSM
- Dr. Egbert Mujuni, UDSM
- Dr. Herieth Rwezaura, UDSM
- Prof. John M. Mango, MakerereUniversity, Uganda
- Dr. Bengt Ove Turesson, ISP, Uppsala University, and Linköping University, Sweden (Chair)
- Dr. Leif Abrahamson, ISP, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Prof. John M. Mango, Makerere University, Uganda
- Dr. Sylvester Rugeihyamu, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Prof. Eunice Mureithi, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The network meeting is partly sponsored by the Sida funded bilateral programmes and the ISP mathematics programme. The organisers of the workshop are actively seeking support from other organisations.
Limited financial assistance to cater for (full/partial) travels and/or local expenses will be provided to some members depending on the availability of sponsors. However, every effort should be made by the candidates to secure full financial support. Candidates will be selected by the organisers, and will be informed of the results at least one month before the respective event.
The official language at the meeting is English.
Visa may be required for international visitors at Kilimanjaro International Airport or other ports of entry. Please check with the respective local Embassy for details and other requirements. The government of the Republic of Tanzania requires proof of yellow fever vaccination if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever.
All participants of the network meeting will stay at the Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge and accommodation with full board is USD 110 per night and person.