The committee will apply clearly stated assessment criteria when selecting whom to nominate.
The professors appointed are expected to have general relevance to all environments on both campuses, and for activity within both the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Educational Sciences Area. The Moa Martinsson professorship will be located at IKOS on Campus Norrköping. The Tage Danielsson professorship will be located at IKOS on Campus Valla. The locations of the professorships in IKOS and on the respective campus will be determined in dialogue with the holder, head of department, deans and research environments involved.
The professorships will be awarded by the Academic Appointments Board of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences following proposals made by an independent committee. This committee will consist of representatives for the departmental management at the Department of Culture and Society (IKOS), deans within the faculty involved, and representatives for the research environments at IKOS. If necessary, external experts may be consulted.
The chair of the committee will be IKOS head of department.
Criteria used by the committee
The committee will apply clearly stated assessment criteria when selecting whom to nominate. According to these criteria, the possessors of the Moa Martinson and Tage Danielsson professorships are to:
(1) Conduct scholarly, intellectual or artistic work that has resulted in the nominee becoming a leading acknowledged representative of the field in both Sweden and abroad
(2) have contributed to the dissemination of knowledge and to societal debate
(3) be in a position to promote operations at IKOS, with an emphasis on one or more of its research environments, and to make a significant contributions to both the subjects and the environments at IKOS through specific undertakings or tasks
(4) have a clear relevance for the practice and theory of schools, culture, popular education or the transfer of knowledge
(5) be in a position to unite operations at IKOS with the society around us – at local, national or international level.
A complementarity criterion
When making its selection, the committee is also to apply a complementarity criterion, which shall ensure that the professorship programme in its entirety remains versatile and benefits all parts of IKOS.
(6) The complementarity criterion means that when selecting among those nominated, the committee will ensure that the two professorships
– are together of relevance for the scholarly and educational environments at both Norrköping and Linköping
– are together of relevance for the scholarly and undergraduate educational environments at both the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Educational Sciences Area
– together express diversity with respect to gender, subject background, and scholarly and artistic qualification.
The Academic Appointments Board shall determine whether the nominated person – as specified by the Linköping University Rules of Appointment – is to be designated as “adjunct professor” or as “visiting professor”, and whether the appointment is to be based on scholarly or artistic grounds. If necessary, the Academic Appointments Board shall also determine whether the proposed person is qualified to be appointed professor.