Portfolio of grants funded by:
The Swedish Research Council (VR):
- Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (KAW), the largest private financier of research in Sweden.
- VINNOVA, Sweden’s Innovation Agency.
- The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT).
- Foundation ÅForsk.
Selected grants include:
- 2002 VR Junior Researcher Position Grant.
- 2008 VR University Lecturer Position Grant.
- 2011 VINNOVA VINNMER Fellowship Grant with The Cambridge Centre for Gallium Nitride, University of Cambridge, UK.
- 2015 FLAG-ERA JTC project GRIFONE in synergy with the FET Graphene Flagship, Coordinator.
A press release from Graphene Flagship (gathers 170+ academic and industrial partners from 21 countries) highlighted scientific results from the FLAG-ERA JTC project GRIFONE, Publishing date: 01 December 2020.
Collaborations and applications
Establishing strategic infrastructure for the MOCVD of group III nitrides at LiU including the specification, procurement, factory acceptance, installation, and commission of
- Hot-wall MOCVD reactor in collaboration with Aixtron AB and support from KAW equipment grant.
- Contactless Mobility Measurement System, KAW equipment grant.
Research leadership at LiU in developing GaN device structures in several large-scale projects in collaboration with academia and industry:
- Swedish–Dutch Consortium SiC/GaN: a technology for military microwaves between The Swedish Defence Research Agency, FOI, and TNO-FEL, The Netherlands.
- European project KORRIGAN (29 partners from 7 countries) aiming at the development of an independent, all-European, and state-of-the-art capability in GaN HEMT technology under the lead of Thales Airborn Systems.
- VINNOVA Competence Centre for III-nitride technology (C3NiT).
Education and internationalization
Supervising and promoting several Project, Master and PhD students at LiU performing research on MOCVD of group III nitrides, including within EU Marie Curie Actions Host Fellowships for Early-Stage Research Training and International Training Program in Nanomaterials of Japan Society for Promotion of Science Leadership in research and education network in materials science between Linköping University (LiU), Sweden and Federal University of Bahia (UFBA), Brazil, operating for more than 10 years:
- Recognized by the signing of Agreement on Academic, Cultural, and Scientific Cooperation between LiU and UFBA.
- Highlighted during Sweden Brazil Innovation Weeks 2018, São Paulo, Brazil.
STINT Initiation grant for building of collaboration in research and education with Universidad de la República (UdelaR), Uruguay.
- Co-Organizer of Symposium I: Low-dimensional systems based on graphene and III-nitrides at the XIII Brazilian MRS Meeting (João Pessoa, 2014) and
- Chairperson of the plenary session presented by Prof. Sir Colin Humphreys "How gallium nitride can save energy, purify water, be used in cancer therapy and improve our health!".
- Co-Organizer of Symposium R: New frontiers in wide-bandgap semiconductors and heterostructures for electronics, optoelectronics and sensing at the E-MRS Fall Meeting (Warsaw, 2018).