About me Show/Hide content
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Immunology Laboratory, Dept. of Zoology, Univ. of Calcutta (2020)
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Zoology, Cytogenetics spcl, Malulana Azad College, Univ.of Calcutta (2011)
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Applied Psychology, Bharathiar University (2017)
- Post Graduate Diploma (PG.Dip) in Industrial Microbiology, Madurai Kamraj University (2016)
- Diploma in Recombinant DNA Technology (DRDT), Madurai Kamraj University (2017)
- MIIC international Postdoc Fellow, Dept. of Biomedical and Clinical Science, LiU, Sweden
- Guest Faculty at Jadavpur University, Pharmaceutical technology Department, West Bengal, India.
- Guest Lecturer, Dept. of Zoology, Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandir, West Bengal, India
- Senior Research Fellow, Immunology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Calcutta
- Junior Research Fellow at National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani. Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
Organizational and Management Roles
- Three times Awardee for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship, National Eligibility Test (NET), University Grants Commission (UGC), India, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- 'Young Investigator Award' for Best Poster Presentation followed by Oral presentation at SFRR-INDIA-14, Lonavala organized by Bhaba Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai, 2014. (Society for Free Radical Research)
- Best Poster Presentation Award’ for work presentation at 25th National Congress of Parasitology held at CSIR- Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, Oct 2014.
- Best Poster Presentation Award’ for work presentation at 26th National Congress of Parasitology held at Banaras Hindu University, Banaras, Jan, 2016 (Indian Society of Parasitology)
- Best Oral Presentation Award’ for work presentation at 44th Annual conference Immunological Society of India (Immunocn-2017), Ahmedabad, Gujrat, Dec-2017.
- Invited Lecture and Life Membership Grant, International Association for Promotion of Healthcare and Life-Science Research (IAPHLSR) at Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Executive Centre, Singapore
- Young Research Scholarship for 14th International Conference on Healthcare and Life Science Research (ICHLSR), 17-18 June 2017, Singapore from Global Research Development Services.
Travel Grant Awards:
- Foreign Travel Grant from Calcutta University- University Grants Commission (UGC), India, 2016
- Travel Grant Award from Middle-European Societies of Immunology & Allergology (MESIA)- European Federation of Immunological Societies (EFIS) for Oral Presentation at Budapest, Hungary; Dec, 2016.
- Calcutta University-UGC Foreign Travel Grant 2017
- European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) Travel Grant for Autophagy Conference 2017,Croatia
- Foreign Travel Grant, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India, 2017
Learn more about my research Show/Hide content
Publications Show/Hide content
- IL-6 Dependent Expansion of Inflammatory MDSCs (CD11b+ Gr-1+) Promote Th-17 Mediated Immune Response During Experimental Cerebral Malaria; Saikat Mukherjee; Soubhik Ghosh; Anirban Sengupta; Samrat Sarkar; Tarun Keswani; Rimbik Chatterjee, Arindam Bhattacharyya; Cytokine 2022 (Accepted, In Press)
- Nano toolbox in immune modulation and nanovaccines, Azharuddin, M., Zhu, G. H., Sengupta, A., Hinkula, J., Slater, N., & Patra, H. K. (2022), Trends in biotechnology, S0167-7799(22)00079-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tibtech.2022.03.011 [Review Article]
- Efficacy and Immune Response Elicited by Gold Nanoparticle-Based Nanovaccines against Infectious Diseases, Sengupta, A.; Azharuddin, M.; Al-Otaibi, N.; Hinkula, J. Vaccines 2022, 10, 505. https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines10040505 [Review Article] (This article belongs to the Special Issue Virus-Like Particle and Nano-Particle Vaccines 2.0)
- Intranasal Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 immunization with lipid adjuvants provides systemic and mucosal immune response against SARS-CoV-2 S1 Spike and nucleocapsid protein, Sengupta, A.; Azharuddin, M.; Cardona, M.E.; Devito, C.; von Castelmur, E.; Wehlin, A.; Pietras, Z.; Sunnerhagen, M.; Selegård, R.; Aili, D.; Alamer, A.; Hinkula, J.; Al-Otaibi, Vaccines 2022 Mar, 10(4), 504; https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines10040504
- Partial impairment of late-stage Autophagic Flux in Murine Splenocytes leads to sqstm1/p62 mediated nrf2-keap1 antioxidant pathway activation and induced Proteasome-mediated degradation in Malaria; Sengupta A, Mukherjee S, Ghosh S, Keswani T,Sarkar S, Majumdar G, Das M, Bhattacharyya A.;Microb Pathog. 2020 Jul 18 147:104289. doi: 10.1016/j.micpath.2020.104289
- Autophagic Induction modulates Splenic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell mediated immune response in Cerebral Malarial infection model; Sengupta A, Keswani T, Sarkar S, Ghosh S, Mukherjee S,Bhattacharyya A., Microbes Infect. 2019 Jun 8. pii: S1286-4579(19)30060-7. doi: 10.1016/j.micinf.2019.05.004
- Influence of autophagy, apoptosis and their interplay in filaricidal activity of C-cinnamoyl glycosides; Roy P*, Sengupta A*, Joardar N, Bhattacharyya A, Saha NC, Misra AK, Babu SPS. Parasitology. 2019 May 20:1-38. doi: 10.1017/S0031182019000660 *both authors contributed equally.
- Impact of autophagic regulation on splenic red pulp macrophages during cerebral malarial infection. Sengupta A, Sarkar S, Keswani T, Mukherjee S, Ghosh S, Bhattacharyya A. Parasitol Int. 2019 Aug;71:18-26. doi: 10.1016/j.parint.2019.03.008. Epub 2019 Mar 11.
- Differential modulation of glial cell mediated neuroinflammation in Plasmodium berghei ANKA infection by TGF β and IL 6. Sarkar S, Keswani T, Sengupta A, Mitra S, Bhattacharyya A.,Cytokine. 2017 Aug 10. pii: S1043-4666(17)30226-0. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2017.07.026
- Role of TGF-ß and IL-6 in Dendritic cells, Treg and Th17 mediated immune response during experimental cerebral malaria. Keswani T, Sarkar S, Sengupta A and Bhattacharyya A. Cytokine. 2016 Dec;88:154-166. doi: 10.1016 /j.cyto. 2016.08.034. Epub 2016 Sep 12.
- Dendritic cells subsets mediated immune response during Plasmodium berghei ANKA and Plasmodium yoelii infection , Keswani T, Sengupta A, Sarkar S, Bhattacharyya A. Cytokine. 2015 Jun;73(2):198-206. doi: 10.1016/j.cyto.2015.02.023. Epub 2015 Mar 16.