Why Should you submit an abstract and present at BME@LiU 2022?
As a Researcher (at any level) this is a great opportunity to showcase and increase the awareness of your work across the sprawling community of BME researchers that spans several campuses and departments. This is also an opportunity to introduce your developments and methods to a broad clinical community.
As a Center or Department this is a great opportunity to highlight the cutting edge resources and expertise that you have to contribute to the larger LiU community, strengthening our impact and accelerating our advancements.
As a Company this an opportunity to come to LiU and highlight the unique technologies that you are translating to Medical Care. This is also an opportunity to interact with the MedTech community here, from students to researchers to clinicians. Postings on opportunities for Master's projects, job openings and internships are a welcome part of your Digital Arena presence.
Different ways to participate
We will provide several formats for all BME researchers and clinical collaborators to share their unique approaches (or unmet clinical needs) to addressing the most current and salient medical challenges. All are welcome to submitting presentation abstracts.
- Individual Research presentations: (15-20minutes) These presentations will focus on development of BME techniques, methods and their application in medicine from a single group or individual at LiU. Both presentations of concluded studies (retrospective) and preliminary results (prospective) are strongly encouraged.
- Collaborations Presentations: (15-20 minutes) These are interdisciplinary presentations split between two presenters offering distinct perspectives on either the development of novel biomedical technologies (basic science and BME) or the deployment of these technologies to address medical challenges (BME and clinical research).
- Poster Presentations: Here any research is welcome to be presented. This could be in the form of:
- Preliminary results and prospective projects that have been initiated in your research group. Here, presentations of PhD and Master’s projects are strongly encouraged, even if they may be at early stages
- Research Group Overviews, showcase the fascinating research your group offers at LiU!
- Challenges and Unmet Needs: Outline any specific research challenges or unmet clinical needs you have encountered that MedTech could potentially address. These are intended to be loose and open ended posters, designed to provoke discussion and potential collaboration.
- Digital Arena: We will provide an online forum open the day before and throughout the conference day for participants to visit “virtual booths”, . These booths can contain overviews of your research and expertise, shared resources, and/or product development that can be in the forms of digital , Videos, pre-recorded presentations, etc. We will also provide time slots (~30min) for live interactions via Zoom rooms for those interested so you can “man your booth” and answer any questions from curious participants.
Closing date: March 11 2022.