Digitalization techniques must serve the purpose of creatinge better products and better production systems. Our research captures this cyber-physical dimension of systems. We work with design, development, and implementation with a sound system engineering approach. Among these we work with:
• Applied artificial intelligence, computer science and mechatronics in intelligent automation
• Development of cyber-physical production systems and digital twins
• Development of batch size one sustainable systems
• Development of intelligent industrial equipment
• Engineering of large and technical complex systems
Research affects societal benefits
Our research leads to more efficient and sustainable production systems. By using intelligent automation our research directly contributes to making a better usage of industrial resources, by improving their utilization, extending their useful life, enabling their usage in many different contexts through plug and produce solutions and improving and creating intelligently controlled information flow. Collectively, this leads to information intensive system that are generally more sustainable and envovable.
Results and benefits
Our resurch often results in new processes and technologies being introduced at companies. This is what we strive for and are usually very successful at. Our vision is to continuously develop advanced digitalization solutions for sustainable industrial systems that maximize the potential of the humans in the system and contribute to their development.