Main field of studyEnglish
Course typeProgramme course
ExaminerNigel John Musk
Course coordinatorNigel John Musk
Director of studies or equivalentLars Liljegren
Main field of studyEnglish
Course levelSecond cycle
Course offered for
- Secondary School Teacher Programme with a specialization in Teaching in Grades 7-9 of the Compulsory School
Applies to all courses regardless of grading scale.
- Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
If the course has a three-graded grading scale (U - VG), following applies:
- Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
If the course is a VfU course, the following applies:
- Examination of applied social and didactic abilities is limited to three (3) occasions.
The following applies to courses that include a compulsory component:
- If special circumstances prevail, and if it is possible with consideration of the nature of the compulsory component, the examiner may decide to replace the compulsory component with another equivalent component.
If the LiU coordinator for students with disabilities has granted a student the right to an adapted examination for a written examination in an examination hall, the student has the right to it. If the coordinator has instead recommended for the student an adapted examination or alternative form of examination, the examiner may grant this if the examiner assesses that it is possible, based on consideration of the course objectives.
GradesThree-grade scale, U, G, VG
Other informationCourse revised 2020-04-02; Dnr LiU-2020-01361
Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.
About teaching and examination language
The teaching language is presented in the Overview tab for each course. The examination language relates to the teaching language as follows:
- If teaching language is Swedish, the course as a whole or in large parts, is taught in Swedish. Please note that although teaching language is Swedish, parts of the course could be given in English. Examination language is Swedish.
- If teaching language is Swedish/English, the course as a whole will be taught in English if students without prior knowledge of the Swedish language participate. Examination language is Swedish or English (depending on teaching language).
- If teaching language is English, the course as a whole is taught in English. Examination language is English.
DepartmentInstitutionen för kultur och samhälle
|OPPO||Opponent||U, G||0 credits|
|RESP||Respondent||U, G||0 credits|
|UPS1||Thesis||U, G, VG||15 credits|
This tab contains public material from the course room in Lisam. The information published here is not legally binding, such material can be found under the other tabs on this page. There are no files available for this course.