Main field of studyAeronautical Engineering Mechanical Engineering
Course typeProgramme course
Director of studies or equivalentRoland Gårdhagen
|Course offered for||Semester||Period||Timetable module||Language||Campus||VOF|
|6CMMM||Mechanical Engineering, M Sc in Engineering (Aeronautical Engineering)||9 (Autumn 2021)||2||-||English||Linköping||o/v|
|6MAER||Aeronautical Engineering, Master's Programme||3 (Autumn 2021)||2||-||English||Linköping||o/v|
Main field of studyAeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Course levelSecond cycle
Course offered for
- Mechanical Engineering, M Sc in Engineering
- Master's Programme in Aeronautical Engineering
This course concludes a master profile for the M and AER program and it is required that the student has already passed the preparatory profile courses. Prior to the start of the course, the examiner/director of studies will verify that participating students have sufficient knowledge, see information under Prerequisites.
Aerodynamics basic and advanced courses, Computational fluid dynamics basic and advanced, Engineering Systems Design, Aircraft conceptual design, Prototype Realization - project course.
Intended learning outcomes
The aim of the course is to developing skills for making an integrated aerodynamic analysis of an aircraft concept. After completing the course the students will
- be able to transform a conceptual design into a model for an aerodynamic analysis, and for design refinement.
- have knowledge about using CFD tools for aerodynamics.
- be able to define design cases for aerodynamic analysis.
- be able to analyze and present the results from the analysis in a scientific way
- have skills to plan and conduct the work efficiently.
Theory and methodology from previous courses are used to conduct an aerodynamic analysis of a concept. Improvements are evaluated and proposed. Planning and time management in order to deliver results on time.
Teaching and working methods
The course is carried out as a project with regular meetings. In addition there can be lectures in project specific technology when needed. The result from the project is a design of product presented orally and in a written report.
|PRA1||Project work||U, G||6 credits|
GradesTwo-grade scale, U, G
Material from previous courses.
About teaching and examination language
The teaching language is presented in the Overview tab for each course. The examination language relates to the teaching language as follows:
- If teaching language is Swedish, the course as a whole or in large parts, is taught in Swedish. Please note that although teaching language is Swedish, parts of the course could be given in English. Examination language is Swedish.
- If teaching language is Swedish/English, the course as a whole will be taught in English if students without prior knowledge of the Swedish language participate. Examination language is Swedish or English (depending on teaching language).
- If teaching language is English, the course as a whole is taught in English. Examination language is English.
The course is conducted in a manner where both men's and women's experience and knowledge are made visible and developed.
The planning and implementation of a course should correspond to the course syllabus. The course evaluation should therefore be conducted with the course syllabus as a starting point.
DepartmentInstitutionen för ekonomisk och industriell utveckling
Director of Studies or equivalentRoland Gårdhagen
Education componentsPreliminär schemalagd tid: 48 h
Rekommenderad självstudietid: 112 h
|PRA1||Project work||U, G||6 credits|
This tab contains public material from the course room in Lisam. The information published here is not legally binding, such material can be found under the other tabs on this page. There are no files available for this course.