Main field of studyNo main field of study
Course typeSingle subject and programme course
Course coordinatorAnders Narbrink
Director of studies or equivalentLisbeth Hurtig
|Course offered for||Semester||Weeks||Language||Campus||VOF|
|Single subject course (Half-time, Day-time)||Autumn 2021||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||1 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||2 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||3 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||4 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||5 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||6 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||7 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
|L7VA2||VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers||8 (Autumn 2021)||v202134-202203||Swedish||Linköping||v|
Main field of studyNo main field of study
Course levelFirst cycle
Course offered for
- VAL II - Professional Qualification Course for Teachers
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- describe and work according to the crafting process
- reflect on the crafting process as a theory and application in relation to current research in the subject area
- prepare and present a plan for craft education
- work practically with the materials, tools and techniques of crafts, mainly within design and composition in 3D.
- use different sketch and design methods and apply and present ideas in a personal design
- analyse the possibilities of craft from environmental, economic and gender equality aspects
- document, present and communicate the own working process via ICT
The course contains studies of the crafting process as theory and application. The student should work with suggestions for practical work to clarify the steps of the process. Placement includes studying and working with the inspiration and planning stage of the crafting process. In the course, practical work in basic crafts is included in design and composition techniques.
The students should try to use different materials in applications and be able to motivate their choice. The practical work is combined with studies of working environment issues and studies of various instruments/tools, and care of these. The student's ideas are developed, processed, applied and evaluated in completed crafts. In the design sessions, the students mainly work with communication and visualisation of design ideas, and practise the use of different materials and methods. The course has general focus on craft related questions concerning environment, economy and gender equality. The course includes documentation and presentation of the own process with images.
Teaching and working methods
In the course, a problem-oriented working method is utilised, and it is carried out as a distance course with three physical meetings. Textile, wood and metal students work both with individual and group assignments.
Between course meetings, the students carry out individual craft assignments within the subject area and subject didactics, and communicate with each another and the course director via ICT.
The teaching takes the form of literature studies, lectures, tutoring, seminars, placement, study visits and practical work, independently and in groups.
The course is examined individually through written, oral and visual presentations and demonstration of applied didactic teaching skills.
Applies to all courses regardless of grading scale.
- Students failing an exam covering either the entire course or part of the course two times are entitled to have a new examiner appointed for the reexamination.
If the course has a three-graded grading scale (U - VG), following applies:
- Students who have passed an examination may not retake it in order to improve their grades.
If the course is a VfU course, the following applies:
- Examination of applied social and didactic abilities is limited to three (3) occasions.
The following applies to courses that include a compulsory component:
- If special circumstances prevail, and if it is possible with consideration of the nature of the compulsory component, the examiner may decide to replace the compulsory component with another equivalent component.
If the LiU coordinator for students with disabilities has granted a student the right to an adapted examination for a written examination in an examination hall, the student has the right to it. If the coordinator has instead recommended for the student an adapted examination or alternative form of examination, the examiner may grant this if the examiner assesses that it is possible, based on consideration of the course objectives.
GradesThree-grade scale, U, G, VG
Other informationCourse revised 2020-04-02; Dnr LiU-2020-01361
Planning and implementation of a course must take its starting point in the wording of the syllabus. The course evaluation included in each course must therefore take up the question how well the course agrees with the syllabus.
The course is carried out in such a way that both men´s and women´s experience and knowledge is made visible and developed.
About teaching and examination language
The teaching language is presented in the Overview tab for each course. The examination language relates to the teaching language as follows:
- If teaching language is Swedish, the course as a whole or in large parts, is taught in Swedish. Please note that although teaching language is Swedish, parts of the course could be given in English. Examination language is Swedish.
- If teaching language is Swedish/English, the course as a whole will be taught in English if students without prior knowledge of the Swedish language participate. Examination language is Swedish or English (depending on teaching language).
- If teaching language is English, the course as a whole is taught in English. Examination language is English.
DepartmentInstitutionen för kultur och samhälle
|PRE1||Practical examination||U, G, VG||5 credits|
|PRE2||Practical examination||U, G, VG||5 credits|
|SRE1||Written examination||U, G, VG||3.5 credits|
|TDLF||Examination||U, G, VG||1.5 credits|
This tab contains public material from the course room in Lisam. The information published here is not legally binding, such material can be found under the other tabs on this page. There are no files available for this course.