How accessible is www.liu.se?
We know that at the moment we do not comply with all the requirements for the accessibility of digital public services. We are trying to solve the problems and provide the digital services to which you are entitled. See the section on non-accessible content below for more information.
It is our ambition not simply to fulfil the legal requirements, but to provide for all visitors an experience in which they can perceive, understand, and use all contents and functionality, in as equitable a manner as possible.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you need content from this website in another format, if you discover problems that are not described on this page, or if you consider that we are not satisfying the legal requirements, you can contact us in the following ways:
- Send email to email@example.com
- Phone us on +46 13 281000
The Agency for Digital Government is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Agency for Digital Government to lodge a complaint.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
It is our goal that the website achieve at least basic accessibility according to the criteria in WCAG 2.1 at Level AA. The website, however, does not yet satisfy all accessibility criteria defined in WCAG 2.1, and is therefore only in partial conformance with legislation on the accessibility of digital public services, based on the deficiencies described below.
- Many of the videos on the website lack a text alternative and visual description.
- Some PDF documents have not been adapted for accessibility.
- Several of the podcasts on the website lack a text alternative.
- Some forms on the website lack help texts and adequate feedback.
- The page at https://liu.se/en/article/maps has maps that may be difficult to navigate.
- In some cases, coloured fields and focus fields do not have sufficient contrast to satisfy the requirements.
- Some of the diagrams have too low a contrast.
- Some pages about international courses and programmes written in English are present on the Swedish part of the website, where they are labelled with the wrong language.
- Some pages have an illogical heading structure or lack certain header elements.
- The list given on the page https://liu.se/en/about-liu/organisation lacks some list elements.
- Some images lack alt text.
Pages under liu.se/studieinfo/en
- PDF documents on this page have been created by a system that does not yet create accessible files.
- It is necessary to scroll sideways to gain access to the information.
- The pages lack a unique and relevant page title.
Pages under liu.se/en/library
- Search boxes and some forms lack adaptation for screen readers (WCAG 3.3.2).
It is our ambition that we will solve all known accessibility problems by 1 December 2020.
Linköping University invokes an exemption for disproportionate burden in accordance with § 12 in the accessibility regulations for the content described below.
- Video material created before 23 September 2020 that lacks text alternative. We do not in the current situation have access to all material nor the resources needed to add captions and/or visual description to older material.
How we tested this website
Funka carried out an independent test of www.liu.se during the period 23 June 2020 to 8 July 2020. We are also currently examining and testing the website using internal expertise.
The website was published on 17 February 2017.
The statement was last updated on 22 September 2020.