AFM Guest Professorship
- aim at strengthening the SRA by attracting leading international expertise of highest strategical relevance for the environment and providing AFM researchers an opportunity to establish and enhance international collaborations at the frontiers of contemporary materials science
- AFM guest professors are expected to focus on competence transfer shown through own research, supervision or co-supervision of PhD students at AFM, participation in educational activities and outreach activities
- proposals for AFM Guest Professor support may be submitted by AFM host*
- this call includes at least two 1-year projects that will start on the 1st of January 2019
- Guest professor support may be renewed one year at a time upon positive evaluation of an activity report, up to three years in total.
- A short feedback report will only be provided for applications passing the first evaluation step
- A majority of senior researchers within AFM are men, which is why we particularly encourage female Guest Professors.
AFM Guest Professor support
will give internationally leading researchers to establish collaborations and perform high risk and novel research studies at LiU, with the criteria of
- material science being excellent, internationally competitive and strategic for Sweden in general and for AFM in particular.
- strong personal engagement and presence at LiU
- scientific renewal, favoring cross-disciplinary material science and with neighboring establishing research areas.
- or further development of strong links between Guest Professor home university and AFM research groups
AFM Guest Professor support may be granted to a scientist upon submission of a research proposal by AFM host* to the AFM steering group that
- includes a research proposal of no more than 2 pages, composed of the following
outline: Objectives, State of the Art, Research Tasks, and value to AFM
- a standard two-page CV (VR style) of the nominated Guest Professor
- a ResearcherID (ISI) link, including ALL publications of the nominated Guest Professor
- total number of citations of the nominated Guest Professor during 2016-18 and h-
- publication list of the last 8 years
- budget that includes preliminary schedule of visits of the nominated Guest Professor to
AFM and co-support from the AFM host*
The application, as a one-pdf document should be sent no later than 5th of November to firstname.lastname@example.org
Decisions for AFM Guest Professor Support
will be announced on the 3rd of December 2018.
The projects/funding will be granted under the condition that the Swedish government follows the recommendations for future funding of the Strategic Research Areas in line with the recommendations issued by the funding authorities: "Myndigheternas rekommendationer gällande SFO-stödet och framtida riktade satsningar (VR dnr. 5.1- 2015-5959).
* division heads, PIs and researchers with support from AFM, today employed at IFM, ITN or IEI, main employment, at least 50,1 %, at LiU