AFM Infrastructure support
- AFM evaluates the need for new Infrastructure and intends to announce calls on a regular basis for Infrastructure support.
- AFM aims at strengthening the SRA by contributing to state-of-the-art equipment of broad interest and high strategic relevance for the AFM environment.
- Proposals for Infrastructure support may be submitted by an AFM applicant (1), who undertakes the role as contact person and assumes complete responsibility for the equipment.
- AFM will invest up to 2 MSEK/year in total in Infrastructure (as depreciation costs only) (2), corresponding to 1/3 of the cost of purchasing the equipment. LiU will correspondingly co- fund 1/3 of the total depreciation costs, up to 2 MSEK/year, under the same condition. This is under the condition that the equipment is made available to all LiU researchers for utilization.
- The AFM applicant undertakes the complete responsibility for providing funding for 1/3 of the depreciation costs AND for all running costs.
- The AFM applicant is responsible for making the infrastructure accessible to other researchers at LiU.
- This call intends to support up to 5 new Infrastructures.
AFM Infrastructure support – The proposal
AFM Infrastructure support may be granted to an AFM applicant upon submission of a proposal (of no more than 2 pages, excluding budget and CV) to the AFM steering group. The proposal should include:
- Strategic value/value to AFM, including a plan for equipment availability
In addition, please submit:
- Detailed specification of the equipment
- Budget (detailing funding for 1/3 of the depreciation costs AND all running costs)
- Budget guarantee letter, signed by the AFM applicant, by holder(s) of external grant(s) to be used for providing funding for 1/3 of the depreciation costs, by heads of the AFM applicant Divisions, as well as by heads of the AFM applicant Departments (IFM, ITN or IEI).
- CV and publication list of the AFM applicant, including the ResearcherID.
(1) Researchers within AFM, today employed at IFM, ITN or IEI, main employment, at least 50,1 %, at LiU.
(2) Funding will be granted under the condition that there is an agreement between LiU and AFM on AFM 2019 infrastructure support.
The application, as one-pdf document, should be sent no later than 2019-05-27 to Therese Dannetun, email@example.com
AFM Infrastructure support – The decision
- The decision will be taken in the AFM steering group and will be announced on 2019-06-20.
- For granted proposals, the AFM applicant should provide yearly activity reports until the depreciation is finished. The report should include information about scientific projects, research groups involved, resulting publications, etc.
- Evaluation criteria: strategic value to AFM, accessibility, scientific excellence, urgency, scientific renewal, maintaining essential infrastructure.