|Application opens:||Early September 2023|
|Application deadline:||15 October 2023, 23:59 CEST|
|Admission letters (non-EU citizens):||01-08 November 2023 (preliminary)|
|Admission letters (EU-citizens):||04-11 December 2023 (preliminary)|
|Arrival Day for Intensive course in Swedish||01-02 January 2024 (preliminary)|
|Start day for Intensive course in Swedish:||03-04 January 2024 (preliminary)|
|Arrival days:||02, 16 & 17 January 2024 (preliminary)|
|Welcome to LiU||17 January 2024|
|Faculty Introduction (mandatory)||18 January 2024|
|Autumn semester dates||21 August 2023 - 21 January 2024|
|Spring semester dates||22 January 2024 - 09 June 2024|
Read carefully the information in the "How to construct a study plan" section to understand:
- The concept of study periods and the scheduling system at out faculty
- The difference between full-time and part-time courses
- How to combine them in a study plan
2. Search for courses
- You will find all our courses offered to exchange students in the course catalogue
- You will find the syllabus by clicking on the course
- Pay attention to the entry requirements for each course described in the syllabus
3. Register on the "Portal for incoming exchange students"
- The application form is to be completed exclusively online. Do not send any hard copies by post.
- It includes personal data, academic background, choice of courses and the period of study for your stay at Linköping University.
- At the end of the instructions you will find a video tutorial which walks you through the application form step by step.
- The link to the application portal can be found underneath the video tutorial. It is active only during the application period.
4. Required documents
You will need to upload and submit the following documents:
- Transcript of records of all university education
- Proof of English language skills*
- List of ongoing courses
- Degree certificate (if applicable)
- Nomination confirmation (e.g. official nomination letter or nomination confirmation sent via email)
(Click on the links for examples of the documents you need to submit)
All documents must be scanned into one pdf file. (10 MB max)
5. Submit the form
A PDF-file/print-out version of your application will open for your reference.
6. After you have submitted your application
We will start the assessment of your applications directly after the deadline has expired. It will take around eight (8) weeks for the process to be completed. In the meanwhile, if we need additional information or documents from you, we will contact you.
7. Admission letters
The admission letters will be sent:
- between 01-08 November 2023 for the students who need a visa to study in Sweden
- between 04-11 December 2023 for the rest
8. Learning Agreement (Erasmus+ students)
The learning agreements or any other similar document will not be signed before the admission letters have been issued and sent. More information regarding the learning agreement here.
*) Proof of skills in English. You need to show that you have adequate proficiency in English to take academic courses with English as the language of instruction. This may be demonstrated by, for example, an international English test (such as IELTS or TOEFL), a certificate from your coordinator at your home university, or a transcript of records showing previous studies with English as the language of instruction. The recommended English requirements for exchange students are TOEFL iBT 60 or above, IELTS 6.0 and TOEFL ITP 540. Students studying in English and students with English as mother tongue do not need to provide proof of skills in English.