|Application period start:||01 March 2021|
|Application deadline:||15 April 2021, 23:59 CEST|
|Admission letters (non-EU citizens):||07 May 2021|
|Admission letters (EU-citizens):||04 June 2021|
|Arrival Day for Intensive course in Swedish||03 August 2021|
|Start day for Intensive course in Swedish:||05 August 2021|
|Arrival days:||16 & 17 August 2021|
|Orientation programme (online)||20 August 2021|
|Autumn semester dates:||23 August 2021 - 23 January 2022|
|Spring semester dates:||24 January 2022 - 12 June 2022|
Read carefully the information in the "How to construct a study plan" section to understand:
- The concept of study periods
- The difference between full-time and part-time courses
- How to combine them in a study plan
2. Search for courses
- You will find all of our courses offered to exchange students in the course catalogue
- You will find the syllabus by clicking on the course
- Pay attention to the entry requirements for each course described in the syllabus
3. Register on the "Portal for incoming exchange students"
- The application form is to completed exclusively online. Do not send any hard copies by post.
- It includes personal data, academic background, choice of courses and the period of study for your stay at Linköping University.
- At the end of the instructions you will find a video tutorial which walks you through the application form step by step.
- The link to the application portal is underneath the video tutorial. It is active only during the application period.
4. Upload required documents
You will need the following:
- Transcript of records of all university education
- Proof of English language skills*
- List of ongoing courses
- Degree certificate (if applicable)
(Click on the links to find examples of the documents you need to submit)
All documents must be scanned into one pdf file. (10 MB max)
5. Submit the form
A print-out version of your application will open for your reference.
6. After you have submitted your application
We will start the assessment of your applications directly after the deadline has expired. It will take around eight (8) weeks for the process to be completed. In the meanwhile, if we need additional information or documents from you, we will contact you.
7. Admission letters
The admission letters will be sent:
- on 7 May 2021 for the students who need a visa to study in Sweden
- on 4 June 2021 for the rest
8. Learning Agreement (Erasmus+ students)
The learning agreements or any other similar document will not be signed before the admission letters have been issued and sent. More information regarding the learning agreement here.
*) Proof of skills in English. You need to show that you have adequate proficiency in English to take academic courses with English as the language of instruction. This may be demonstrated by, for example, an international English test (such as IELTS or TOEFL), a certificate from your coordinator at your home university, or a transcript of records showing previous studies with English as the language of instruction. Students studying in English and students with English as mother tongue do not need to provide proof of skills in English.