Photo credit: kosmos111
After completing the course, you will be able to:
Knowledge and understanding
- Describe and explain the aetiology, pathophysiology and symptoms of physical, psychological, social and psychosomatic disabilities, while applying your knowledge to care, assessment, intervention, treatment, habilitation and prevention.
- Explain the correlation between individual circumstances, lifestyle, environment, health and risks.
Skills and abilities
- The ability to independently identify, formulate and solve problems.
- The capacity to communicate, discuss and document information, problems and solutions.
- Being able to evaluate activities and resources at the individual, group and community level when it comes to treatment and care.
Judgement and approach
- Thinking about the implications of various kinds of disabilities, as well as adjusting your perspective on the basis of the one that is at hand.
- Demonstrating understanding and respect for the dignity and privacy of the patient or user in view of ethical issues.
- Seeking, using and relating to knowledge in a critical and exploratory manner in order to identify your particular learning needs.
- Structure and Function of the Nervous System
- Physical, Psychological and Social Disabilities
- The Concepts of Activity and Resources from an Individual, Group and Community Perspective
- Normal Ageing
- Disabilities and Sexuality
- Structuring Activities of Daily Living and Sensory Stimulation
- Current Research Related to a Holistic Perspective of Disabilities
- Psychiatric Diagnoses with an Emphasis on Therapy and Treatment
Documented Swedish and English proficiency equivalent to first-level general entry requirements: at least year two of upper secondary Swedish/Stage 2 with separate grades, Swedish B/Swedish 2B, approved TISUS or the equivalent, as well as at least year two of upper secondary English/Stage 2/English A, TOEFL (paper-based, at least 500 credits/computer-based, at least 173 credits/Internet-based, at least 61 credits), IELTS (total 5.0 and no modules under 4.5) or the equivalent.