Clinicum was inaugurated in September 2008 and is used by students from all different programs: Medicine, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Speech pathology and the lab facilities are also used by Biomedicine.
Clinicum works in close collaboration with the main health care provider in order to establish a process of life-long learning and improving patient safety.
Development and research
Clinicum work closely together with teachers, health care professionals and researchers from Medical and Health Education Sciences to develop high quality and innovative ways to teach and learn practical and clinical skills.
Focus areas for development and research
- clinical skills
- procedural skills
- professional and inter-professional teamwork (IPL)
- scenario-training/simulation with mannequins
- simulated patients for skills training
- virtual laboratories
- virtual patients and other web-based applications
- visualization of anatomy and physiology