Rules and regulations
1. The applicant is a citizen of a country outside EU/EES/Switzerland and is required to pay tuition fees. If the applicant’s status changes to that of a non-fee payer, the scholarship is no longer valid. The student must inform Linköping University in writing if he/she is no longer required to pay tuition fees.
2. The scholarship offer is only valid for the specific year and master's programme stated in the Notification of Selection Results. For students on a master's programme, the scholarship/fee normally covers a workload of 30 credits per semester. (Certain variation may be allowed, e.g. 28 credits in Autumn semester and 32 credits in Spring semester, as long as courses are included in the programme and the total does not exceed 120 credits for a two-year master's programme). For any additional courses beyond 30 credits, there will be an additional fee.
3. The scholarship covers the total tuition fee or part of the tuition fee. If the scholarship covers part of the tuition fee, the student must pay the outstanding amount (=the remainder of the fee) no later than the payment deadline.
4. Linköping University has the right to revoke an awarded scholarship. This may include students suspended from their academic studies.
5. Applicants awarded a scholarship by the Swedish Institute will subsequently have their Linköping University scholarship rescinded.
6. Applicants unable to acquire a residence permit by the Swedish Migration Board in time for the start of the studies/registration deadline will subsequently have their Linköping University scholarship rescinded.
7. LiU International Scholarship holders must pass at least 75% of their courses during the first academic year in order to receive the scholarship for the following academic year. Only course results registered on 1 July during the regular academic year will be considered in this assessment. I.e., if you study 60 credits a year, you need to have 45 completed credits from your programme by July 1st, or you will lose your scholarship.