My research is primarily related to building energy systems, industrial energy systems and policy instruments. The more specific areas of research are:
- Energy renovation of buildings and districts
- Energy efficiency of historic buildings
- Low energy and passive houses
- Lifecycle cost optimization of buildings and districts
- Indoor climate and indoor environment
- Building simulation, CFD and optimization
- Industrial borehole storages
- Barriers and driving forces related to energy efficiency in industry
- Energy auditing
- Industrial energy efficiency potentials.
Several of the scientific articles on barriers to and driving forces for energy efficiency in the industry that I have written or co-written are found among the most cited articles internationally in the field.
I teach at basic, advanced and doctoral level and I am happy to give external lectures, nationally as well as internationally.