What is a Short Test Scientific Mission (STSM)?
Short-Term Scientific Mission consists in a visit of a host organization located in a different country than the country of affiliation by a Researcher or Innovator for the specific work to be carried out and for a determined period of time. Typically, this will be between 5 and 15 days. This mobility is open to PhD students, post-doctoral fellows and researchers from countries that are full COST members or Near Neighbour Country (NNC) .
Short-Term Scientific Missions benefit to:
• STSM Grantee: receives funding for implementing a project with an international team and gains new knowledge or access to equipment or techniques not available in the home
• STSM Host: receives an international partner in their institution and can develop long lasting collaboration.
How to apply in brief:
- Communicate with your planned host institution on planning to apply for a STSM
- Calculate your needed budget according to rules (travel, accommodation and subsistence expenses up to a total maximum of 4000€)
- Collect the documents for the application:
b. Your workplan for STSM describing: Goals, description of the work to be carried out, expected outcomes and description of the contribution to Euro-CAN objectives (3 pages maximum)
c. Written agreement from the HOST institution
d. Letter of approval from HOME institution
- Create an account on e-COST (https://e-services.cost.eu/user/login)
- Go to https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm and fill the application
- Wait for the evaluation results
If you think you can benefit from this opportunity, please read this document in detail.