Linköping University Summer Academy
26 June - 25 July, 2020
A four-week credit-bearing programme in Linköping, Sweden
In 2016, Linköping University (LiU) launched its first international Summer Academy and in July 2020 it will be offered for the 5th year in a row. About 90% of the students who participated in the 2019 student survey stated they would recommend the LiU Summer Academy to fellow students.
This experience gives international students an opportunity to study abroad for one month and thereby gain an invaluable international experience. There are several high-quality courses to choose from and the students will gain cultural awareness together with other international students from all over the world. The courses offer an insight to strong areas of research and education in which Linköping University excel, as well as to Swedish culture.
Linköping in southern Sweden is one of Sweden’s fastest growing cities, with approximately 160,000 inhabitants. High world-class technology, an innovative university and lively trade characterise the city. Linköping’s industry, municipality and the university collaborate closely. The city is situated in an inviting landscape of beautiful natural surroundings, where history and tradition meet creativity and innovation.
All courses are at Bachelor’s level, full-time and worth 7.5 ECTS
- Critical Future Studies - NEW!
- Exploring Sweden, the Anthropological Way
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in a Swedish Context
- Leadership and Organisational Behaviour in Contemporary Organisations
- Nanotechnology - Sustainable Challenges and Social Impact
- The Use (and Abuse) of Culture
Application: 3 February - 15 March, 2020
- Cost for student: accommodation package: SEK 5,500 for one month. This includes a single private student room with shared kitchen, bed linen, internet access (with cable), bus card, access to sports facilities and one final exit cleaning.
- Course dates: 29 June - 24 July on site (some courses have preparatory exercises before arrival in Sweden).
- Entry requirements: To meet the general entry requirements, students must have completed 1 year full-time studies (passed 60 ECTS credits or equivalent) and be nominated by one of Linköping University’s partner universities. (In order for the student’s application to be processed, all required documents must be submitted and the entry requirements must be fulfilled upon application in March.)
- Exchange quota: The quota of LiU Summer Academy places to semester places is 4:1.
- Format: Different for each course. Lectures, workshops, seminars, PBL, laboratory exercises and field trips. Some preparatory work is required from the students before their arrival in Linköping. Note that the courses are full-time, i.e. 40 hours per week of either in-class sessions, lab-time, excursions and/or self-studies are required.
- Language: All courses are taught in English and partner universities can nominate students with a good command of English (We expect the students to have at least English level B2).
- Maximum number of students per partner: All partner universities are welcome to nominate a maximum of five students per course. Please observe that we have a limited number of student places per course and that we cannot guarantee that all the nominated students will be offered a place. Students from partner universities with whom we would like to improve the balance for incoming and outgoing student exchange are prioritised.
- Selection: We aim for a good mix of students and the selection is therefore based on the principle of achieving a multicultural classroom.
- Study tours: Stockholm and Vadstena at the students’ own expense.
- Teacher-student contact hours: Different for each course. See FAQ for more information.
- Tuition fee: No tuition fees. Courses are only eligible for students from LiU’s partner universities.
- Website: www.liu.se/utbildning/summeracademy
Poster with information for downloading: LiU Summer Academy 2020
Last updated: 2019-10-25