Photo credit: David Einar
Peter Agnefjäll, President and CEO of the Ikea GroupPeter Agnefjäll is an alumnus from Business Administration at LiU. In 1995 he started as a trainee at Ikea. He has worked his way from the sales floor to a leadership role in the company: since 2013 he is President and CEO, based in Holland. In 2014, Peter Agnefjäll was named one of the Alumni of the Year at Linköping University.
Elnaz Baghlanian, Board member Swedish Pen
Elnaz Baghlanian is an alumna from Literary Studies at LiU. Her knowledge of literature and passion for social issues made her the first office coordinator at Swedish Pen. She is now a member of the Swedish Pen board and publisher at Bokförlaget Atlas. In 2014, Elnaz Baghlanian was named one of the Alumni of the Year at Linköping University.
Marie Ekström Trägårdh, Executive Vice President Sectra
Marie Ekström Trägårdh is an alumna from Medical Informatics at LiU. Since 1999 she has been president of different operations within Sectra, a world-leading company in medical IT and secure communication with roots in LiU research. Today she is Executive Vice President at Sectra and President at Sectra Imaging IT Solutions.
Carl-Henric Svanberg, Chairman of BP and VolvoCarl-Henric Svanberg is an alumnus from Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering at LiU. Between 2003 and 2009 he was CEO of Ericsson. In 2010 he joined the board of BP as chairman and in 2012 he also became chairman of Volvo. Carl-Henric Svanberg holds an honorary doctorate from Linköping University from 2006.
Zhong Zhihua, President of Tongji UniversityProfessor Zhong Zhihua is an alumnus from doctoral studies at LiU, where he has also been an assistant professor and a tenured associate professor. His research interests include machinery, design, automobile design and manufacturing technology. He returned to China to become a professor at Hunan University, where he was also President from 2005 to 2011. In 2005 Professor Zhong was elected as Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE) and in 2014 he was promoted to Secretary-General. In 2016 he became President of the highly ranked Tongji University in Shanghai.
More notable alumni
- Mihai Aldén, Technical Achievement Award (Oscar) for visualisation tool
- Mattias Bergbom, Academy Award (Oscar) for Best visual effects
- Robert Bergqvist, Chief Economist at SEB (one of Sweden’s main banks)
- Pär Boman, chairman of Handelsbanken (one of Sweden’s main banks) and SCA (global hygiene and forest products company)
- Gunilla Carlsson, former Minister for International Development Cooperation
- Helen Dannetun, Vice-Chancellor of Linköping University
- Nashwa Eassa, founder of the organisation Sudanese Women in Sciences
- Ulf Ewaldsson, Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy and Technology Officer and Head of Business Area Digital Services at Ericsson
- Anders Flodström, former University Chancellor of Sweden
- Gustav Fridolin, Swedish Minister for Education
- Rickard Gustafson, President and CEO of SAS
- Magnus Hall, President and CEO of Vattenfall
- Lars Hultman, Chief Executive Officer at the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF)
- Chris Maluszynski, photographer
- Bengt Nilsson, founder of IFS
- Gunilla Nordström, former Head of Major Appliances Asia Pacific and Executive Vice President of Electrolux
- Andreas Norlén, Chair of the Committee on the Constitution, Swedish Parliament
- Helena Norrman, Senior Vice President Marketing and Communications at Ericsson
- Soraya Post, member of the European Parliament
- Åke Svensson, President of Swedavia (Swedish Airports), former CEO of Saab
- Johan Söderström, Head of ABB Sweden
- Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of the Unibet Group
- Ola Tunander, Professor at the Peace Research Institute in Oslo, Norway
- Björn von Sydow, former Speaker of the Swedish Parliament and Minister for Defence
- Magnus Wrenninge, Technical Achievement Award (Oscar) for computer graphics library