Andreas Norlén, Speaker of the Riksdag and LiU alumnus, visits Linköping University. Photo credit: Charlotte Perhammar
Marie Ekström Trägårdh, Executive Vice President of Sectra
Marie Ekström Trägårdh is an alumna of Medical Informatics at LiU. Since 1999 she has been president of various operations within the company Sectra, which helps hospitals throughout the world to enhance the efficiency of care, and authorities and defence forces in Europe to protect society's most sensitive information. Today Marie Ekström Trägårdh is executive vice president of Sectra and president of Sectra Imaging IT Solutions.
Nashwa Eassa, physics researcher and founder of the organisation Sudanese Women in Science
Nashwa Eassa is an alumna from the international master's programme in material physics and nanotechnology at Linköping University. She is a successful researcher in physics and has recieved several international prizes for her research. In 2013, she founded the organisation Sudanese Women in Science to support women researchers in Sudan. She is also involved in OWSD, Organization for Women in Science for developing countries, where she supports young women who are aiming for an academic career. In 2019 Nashwa Eassa was awarded an honorary doctorate by the Faculty of Science and Engineering at LiU.
Andreas Norlén, Speaker of the Riksdag (Swedish Parliament)
Andreas Norlén has a master’s degree and a PhD, both in commercial and business law, from Linköping University. He was elected member of parliament for the Moderate Party in 2006, and was chair of the Committee on the Constitution 2014–2018. In September 2018 he was elected speaker of the Swedish parliament. The speaker’s job is to direct the work of the parliament.
Carl-Henric Svanberg, Chairman of Volvo
Carl-Henric Svanberg is an alumnus of Applied Physics and Electrical Engineering at LiU. He was CEO of Ericsson 2003–2009 and chairman of BP 2010–2018. In 2012 he became chairman of Volvo and since 2018 has been chairman of The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, IVA. Carl-Henric Svanberg holds an honorary doctorate from Linköping University from 2006.
Zhihua Zhong, Vice President of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
Professor Zhihua Zhong has a doctorate from at Linköping University, where he has also been assistant professor and tenured associate professor. His research interests include machinery, design, automobile design and manufacturing technology. He was president of Hunan University 2005–2011 and of Tongji University 2016–2018. In 2005 Professor Zhong was elected as member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, CAE, and in 2018 he became its vice president.
Other notable alumni
- Mihai Aldén, Technical Achievement Award (Oscar) for visualisation tool
- Suad Ali, expert on Sweden’s refugee quota
- Elnaz Baghlanian, operational manager at Writers' Center - East
- Mattias Bergbom, Academy Award (Oscar) for Best Visual Effects
- Pär Boman, chairman of Handelsbanken (one of Sweden’s main banks) and SCA (global hygiene and forestry products company)
- Rickard Gustafson, CEO of SKF
- Sofie Lindblom, co-founder and CEO of the global innovation platform ideation360, former global innovation manager of Spotify
- Åsa Lindhagen, minister for gender equality, with responsibility for anti-discrimination and anti-segregation (Swedish Green Party)
- Sami Said, author
- Åke Svensson, president of Swedavia (Swedish Airports) and the Association of Swedish Engineering Industries (Teknikföretagen), former CEO of Saab
- Magnus Wrenninge, Technical Achievement Award (Oscar) for computer graphics library