The purpose of REMESO's board is to provide a forum for strategic discussion to develop REMESO as a research environment. The International Advisory Board will support REMESO in establishing it as an international center of research excellence.
REMESO is proud to have a board consisting of prominent researchers and intellectuals within REMESO's research field.
The board consists of researchers who from a strategic perspective are important for the development of REMESO, as well as intellectuals outside Linköping University who in various ways, based on their knowledge and expertise, can support the development of REMESO as a socially engaged intellectually creative research environment.
The board also includes a doctoral student representative on a proposal from the doctoral student board. The director of REMESO, who is also the main rapporteur, is adjunct to the board, together REMESO's head of division, IKOS head of department, dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and deputy university director with responsibility for strategic support for the university's research.
The Board of REMESO, 2021-2023
The Vice-Chancellor has appointed the following persons to be members of the Board of REMESO for the period April 12, 2021 to December 31, 2023:
- Lisa Pelling, political scientist, head of the think tank Arena Idé
- Mattias Gardell, Professor, Uppsala University
- Björn-Ola Linnér, Professor, Linköping University
- Anna Lundberg, Professor, Linköping University
- Lawen Mohtadi, Publisher, author and journalist, Natur & Kultur
- Kitimbwa Sabuni, Head of education, Stockholm County Administrative Board
- Adrienne Sörbom, Professor, Södertörn University
- Per Wirtén, Author and freelance writer
- Doctoral student, appointed by REMESO's doctoral student group
Adjunct with right to be present and speak
- Karin Axelsson, Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy, Linköping University
- Per Dannetun, Director of Research, Linköping University
- Branka Likic-Brboric, Head of Division, REMESO, Linköping University
- Josefina Syssner, Head of Department, Culture and Society, Linköping University
In addition, the following are appointed as director and deputy director of REMESO during the same period
- Anders Neergaard, Professor, Director of REMESO
- Stefan Jonsson, Professor, Deputy Director of REMESO
International Advisory Board
REMESO is proud to have an International Advisory Board (IAB) composed of internationally distinguished scholars in the field of REMESO’s research.
The scholars of the IAB will be invited to give a talk on UpToDate cutting edge research, as well as in participating in international research workshops. The IAB will support REMESO in strategic decisions in developing research projects and programs. Membership of the IAB is an honorary position.
REMESO International Advisory Board, 2021-2023
- Bridget Anderson, Professor, University of Bristol, UK
- Gurminder K Bhambra, Professor, University of Sussex, UK
- Manuela Bojadžijev, Professor, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
- Eduardo Bonilla-Silva, Professor, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
- Thomas Faist, Professor, Bielefeld University, Germany
- Anna Triandafyllidou, Professor, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada