In my research, I focus primarily on ethical problems in five different fields:
- human genetics and gene technology (for example, genetic testing direct-to-consumer and gene editing)
- personal health monitoring (for example, assistive technologies for persons with heart failure or dementia)
- public health (for example, sleep problems and pandemics)
- animal experimentation (for example, production and use of genetically modified animals in biomedical research)
- climate change (for example, meat and climate, national self-interest and climate, AI and climate).