My research on strategic planning and regional development explores the following themes:
Sustainable development – with focus on how governance initiatives integrate aims for economic sustainability
Vocational education and training (VET) – with focus on governance and organisations of education institutions for TVET (i.e. Technical and Vocational Education and Training)
Infrastructure development for ICT and railway – with focus on how this is managed through strategic planning
Published work in English since 2017
- Hermelin, B. (2019, in print) Knowledge Economy. In: Kobayashi, A. (ed.) International Encyclopedia of Human Geography. Elsevier
- Magnusson, D. & Hermelin, B. (2019): ICT development from the perspective of connectivity and inclusion – the operation of a local digital agenda in Sweden, Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift - Norwegian Journal of Geography, DOI: 10.1080/00291951.2019.1596153
- Gustafsson, S., Hermelin, B. & Smas, L. (2018) Integrating environmental sustainability into strategic spatial planning: the importance of management, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management.
Brita Hermelin & Kristina Trygg (2018) Introduction: Local approaches to sustainable development with case studies from Sweden, Scottish Geographical Journal.
Brita Hermelin & Ida Andersson (2018) How green growth is adopted by local policy – a comparative study of ten second-rank cities in Sweden, Scottish Geographical Journal.
- Hermelin, B. & Rusten, G. (2018) A place-based approach to social entrepreneurship for social integration – cases from Norway and Sweden. Local Economy.
- Persson, B. & Hermelin, B. (2018) Mobilising for change in vocational education and training in Sweden – a case study of the ‘Technical College’ scheme, Journal of Vocational Education & Training.
- Hermelin, B., (2018) The rise of the hybrid domain. Collaborative governance for social innovation, Regional studies, Vol. 52, nr 1, s. 156-157.
Hermelin, B. and Rämö, H. (2017) Intermediary activities and agendas of regional cleantech networks in Sweden. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, 35 (1), p. 130–146.
Rusten, G & Hermelin, B. (2017): Cross-sector collaboration in upper secondary school vocational education: experiences from two industrial towns in Sweden and Norway, Journal of Education and Work, 30 (8), p. 813–826, DOI: 10.1080/13639080.2017.1366647
Trygg, K. and Hermelin, B. (2017) Work practice among advanced producer service firms – project work in space-time, Geografisk Tidsskrift-Danish Journal of Geography, 117 (1), p. 11–21, DOI: 10.1080/00167223.2016.1259078.