My research on formations and changes in regional governance explores the following themes:
• Local strategic interventions for economic development
• Governance and partnerships for vocational education and training
• Multi-level governance for public transport
• Social innovations for development through local communities
• Local interventions to implement sustainable development goals (SDGs) and Agenda 2030
Published work in English since 2017
- Hermelin, B. and Persson, B. (2021) Regional governance in second-tier city-regions in Sweden: a multi-scalar approach to institutional change. Regional studies. https://doi.org/10.1080/00343404.2021.1896693
- Hermelin, B. and Gustafsson, S. (2021) Strategic Planning for High-speed Rail Investments - A Comparative Study of Four Intermediate Stations in Sweden. Planning practice & research, https://doi.org/10.1080/02697459.2021.1886401
- Persson, B., Hermelin, B. (2020) Decentralised cooperation between industries and local governments in a statist skill-formation system: an analysis of industrial schools in Sweden. Journal of Vocational Education & Training, DOI: 10.1080/13636820.2020.1829007
- Hermelin, B., Jonsson, R. (2020) Governance of Waterfront regeneration projects: Experiences from two second-tier cities in Sweden. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, DOI:10.1111/1468-2427.12966
Gustafsson, S., Hermelin, B. & Smas, L. (2019) Integrating environmental sustainability into strategic spatial planning: the importance of management, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, 62:8, 1321-1338.
- Hermelin, B. (2019, in print) Knowledge Economy. In: Kobayashi, A. (ed.) International Encyclopedia of Human Geography. Elsevier
- Magnusson, D. & Hermelin, B. (2019): ICT development from the perspective of connectivity and inclusion – the operation of a local digital agenda in Sweden, Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift - Norwegian Journal of Geography, DOI: 10.1080/00291951.2019.1596153
- Gustafsson, S., Hermelin, B. & Smas, L. (2018) Integrating environmental sustainability into strategic spatial planning: the importance of management, Journal of Environmental Planning and Management.
Brita Hermelin & Kristina Trygg (2018) Introduction: Local approaches to sustainable development with case studies from Sweden, Scottish Geographical Journal.
Brita Hermelin & Ida Andersson (2018) How green growth is adopted by local policy – a comparative study of ten second-rank cities in Sweden, Scottish Geographical Journal.
- Hermelin, B. & Rusten, G. (2018) A place-based approach to social entrepreneurship for social integration – cases from Norway and Sweden. Local Economy.
- Persson, B. & Hermelin, B. (2018) Mobilising for change in vocational education and training in Sweden – a case study of the ‘Technical College’ scheme, Journal of Vocational Education & Training.
- Hermelin, B., (2018) The rise of the hybrid domain. Collaborative governance for social innovation, Regional studies, Vol. 52, nr 1, s. 156-157.
Hermelin, B. and Rämö, H. (2017) Intermediary activities and agendas of regional cleantech networks in Sweden. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, 35 (1), p. 130–146.
Rusten, G & Hermelin, B. (2017): Cross-sector collaboration in upper secondary school vocational education: experiences from two industrial towns in Sweden and Norway, Journal of Education and Work, 30 (8), p. 813–826, DOI: 10.1080/13639080.2017.1366647
Trygg, K. and Hermelin, B. (2017) Work practice among advanced producer service firms – project work in space-time, Geografisk Tidsskrift-Danish Journal of Geography, 117 (1), p. 11–21, DOI: 10.1080/00167223.2016.1259078.