His research interests emphasizes strongly on multidisciplinary aspects, where econometric techniques and methodologies from economics, physics, engineering, and psychology are implemented in studying the complexity of economic and financial systems on a macro level, focused on areas such as international economics and financial markets , energy and corporate finance. He received the “Jan Wallanders and the Tom Hedelius Scholarship” for best doctoral thesis in economics during 2016. Recently, he received the “TRiSS” award as a visiting scholar at the Trinity Business School, 2019-2020. He has a wide variety of teaching experience having taught at different universities at all levels ranging from undergraduate to doctoral supervision and achieved excellent teaching evaluation scores.
He has attended various international seminars and conferences and have publications in well-renowned journals such as
- European Journal of Operation Research,
- Tourism Management,
- Annals of Tourism Research,
- Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
- Energy Economics,
- International Review of Financial Analysis,
- Journal of Financial Markets Institution and Money,
- Journal of Empirical Finance,
- Journal of International Money and Finance,
- Journal of Financial Stability,
- Economics Letters,
- International Journal of Finance and Economics, and
- Review of Quantative Finance and Accounting.
Before joining Linköping University for his doctoral studies, he worked with Financial Consumer Agency, Government of Canada; Carleton University and on a projects of IFC (World Bank), UNESCAP and East West University, Bangladesh. He holds a successful track record having completed projects funded by IFC (World Bank), UNESCAP, UPAR-United Arab Emirates University, UAE and have an ongoing project NASDAQ-OMX foundation, 2019 and Swedish Energy Agency.