I develop numerical methodology for multi-physics applications governed by partial differential equations. My main interest is in initial boundary value problems, and in particular the fundamental effect of boundary and interface conditions on well-posedness and stability.
Time-dependent partial differential equations
Former PhD students
- Fredrik Laurén. Thesis title: Summation-by-parts formulations for flow problems 2017-2022. Link to thesis.
- Oskar Ålund. Thesis title: Applications of summation-by-parts operators 2016-2021. Link to thesis.
- Andrea Alessandro Ruggiu. Thesis title: Eigenvalue analysis and convergence acceleration techniques for summation-by-parts approximations, 2014-2019. Link to thesis.
- Fatemeh Ghasemi Zinatabadi. Thesis title: Stability, dual consistency and conservation of summation-by-parts formulations for multiphysics problems, 2014-2019. Link to thesis.
- Markus Wahlsten. Thesis title: Uncertainty quantification for wave propagation and flow problems with random data, 2013-2018. Link to thesis.
- Viktor Linders. Thesis title: Error analysis of summation-by-parts formulations: Dispersion, transmission and accuracy, 2012-2017. Link to thesis.
- Cristina La Cognata. Thesis title: High order summation-by-parts based approximations for discontinuous and nonlinear problems, 2012-2017. Link to thesis.
- Hannes Frenander. Thesis title: High-order finite difference approximations for hyperbolic problems: multiple penalties and non-reflecting boundary conditions, 2012-2017. Link to thesis.
- Ossian O'Reilly. Thesis title: Numerical methods for wave propagation in solids containing faults and fluid-filled fractures, (jointly with Eric Dunham Stanford University), 2011-2016. Link to thesis.
- Samira Nikkar. Thesis title: Stable High Order Finite Difference Methods for Wave Propagation and Flow Problems on Deforming Domains, 2011-2016. Link to thesis.
- Tomas Lundquist. Thesis title: High order summation-by-parts methods in time and space, 2011-2016. Link to thesis.
- Per Pettersson. Thesis title: Uncertainty Quantification and Numerical Methods for Conservation Laws, (jointly with Gianluca Iaccarino, Stanford University), 2008-2013. Link to thesis at Uppsala University and Link to thesis at Stanford University.
- Jens Berg. Thesis title: Stable and High-Order Finite Difference Methods for Multiphysics Flow Problems, 2008-2013. Link to thesis.
- Kenneth Duru. Thesis title: Perfectly Matched Layers and High Order Difference Methods for Wave Equations, (Gunilla Kreiss, Uppsala University, 1st advisor), 2007-2012. Link to thesis.
- Sofia Eriksson. Thesis title: Stable Numerical Methods with Boundary and Interface Treatment for Applications in Aerodynamics, 2007-2012. Link to thesis.
- Sven-Erik Ekström. Thesis title (Lic): A Vertex-Centered Discontinuous Galerkin Method for Flow Problems, (Martin Berggren, Umeå University, 1st advisor), 2006-2016. Link to thesis.
- Qaiser Abbas. Thesis title: Weak Boundary and Interface Procedures for Wave and Flow Problems, 2006-2011. Link to thesis.
- Jing Gong. Thesis title: Hybrid Methods for Unsteady Fluid Flow Problems in Complex Geometries, 2003-2007. Link to thesis.
- Magnus Svärd. Thesis title: Stable High Order Finite Difference Methods for Aerodynamics, 1999-2004. Link to thesis.
- Ken Mattsson. Thesis title: Summation-by-Parts Operators for High Order Finite Difference Methods, 1997-2003. Link to thesis.