The following courses are compulsory for PhD students at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at Linköping University. They are given every semester.
This page is under construction just now and some courses are not yet open for application. We expect to open all courses for applications before the end of February.
Plan your courses with the help of the semester overview
Prerequisites and admission
Basic eligibility for courses at postgraduate level is available to those who have:
- Second-cycle degree
- 240 credits in required courses, including at least 60 second-cycle credits
- or acquisition of equivalent knowledge in some other manner
Recommended priority order for admission to third cycle courses at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences:
- PhD students registered at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences or PhD students strongly connected to the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences registered at other faculties within Linköping University
- PhD students registered at other faculties within Linköping University
- PhD students registered at other universities
- Participation of other students than above is only possible if there are fewer applicants from the above groups than students to be admitted.
Teaching and working methods
Within the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, student-centred and problem-based learning forms the basis of teaching.
The student takes personal responsibility for learning through an active and processing approach to the learning tasks.
The teacher's role is to support students in this way of working.
Pass or Fail