Fluorophores are widely used biomarkers in biology and medicine. In these projects the optical spectroscopy and imaging systems are evaluated for fluorescence guided surgery.
- Blood Interference in fluorescence spectrum –Experiment, analysis and comparison with intraoperative measurements on brain tumor, Shannely Lowndes, Bachelor thesis, 2010.
- Experimental set-up for near infrared fluorescence measurements during surgery, Pascal Behm, Bachelor thesis, 2014.
- Development and characterization of a brain tumor mimicking fluorescence phantom, Benjamin Kistler, bachelor thesis, 2014.
- Hardware Control of a Near Infrared Fluorescence System: LabVIEW Programming and Evaluation, María Martha de la Paz Velasco Santoscoy, Master tesis, 2016.
- Data representation for fluorescence guided stereotactic brain tumor biopsies: Development and evaluation of a visual and auditory user interface, Michaela Maintz, bachelor thesis, 2018.