Marketing and recruitment agreement
Responsibilities and obligations for educational consultants are set in a marketing and recruiting agreement.
Terminology of the agreement: 'Programmes' means all degree programmes offered by Linköping University in the English language; 'Prospective Student' means a person who is interested in or intends to become, or who has taken any steps towards becoming a Student; 'Services' means the services to be provided by the Consultant; 'Student' means a person who is enrolled at Linköping University; 'Territory' means Country or Countries.
Responsibilities and obligations of the consultant
The Consultant should:
- promote the Programmes in the Territory in accordance with all applicable legislation, including relevant Swedish legislation;
- find suitable Prospective Students to undertake the Programmes;
- in accordance with University procedures and requirements, recruit and assist in the recruitment of Students;
- assist Prospective Students to become students and for that purpose provide all necessary information about the programmes and assistance in completing forms or applications and submitting these to the University;
- where appropriate, provide information to Prospective Students about English language testing options, or assist Prospective Students to be tested in the English language;
- perform other services and provide reports or information as requested by the University or as required hereunder.
In performing the Services, the Consultant should:
- act in a professional manner and promote the Programmes with integrity and accuracy and recruit Students in an honest, ethical and responsible manner;
- inform Prospective Students accurately about the requirements of Programmes, including the requirements for acceptance into Programmes, using only material provided by the University;
- advise Students of the method of payment of fees and other charges to the University and ensure Students make all fees and charges payable to the University;
- ensure that information on relevant fees and charges accompany application- and acceptance-of-offer documents;
- if a Student's visa application is refused, advise the Student that the University will refund the Student's fees;
- make sure that all necessary documentation accompanies a Prospective Student's application or acceptance of offer;
- provide the University with market intelligence about the recruitment of Students in the Territory;
- only partake in such promotional and marketing activities which are expressly authorized by the University;
- inform all Prospective Students and Students that they are personally responsible for all necessary permits and insurances.
Obligations of Linköping University
The University will:
- provide the Consultant with or help the Consultant to access sufficient information to enable the Consultant to conduct the Services;
- help the Consultant to access information about visa requirements and the process of visa application;
- inform the Consultant of the legal or regulatory conditions for visa requirements and of any changes to those requirements promptly after becoming aware of any such changes;
- duly process all completed applications received from the Consultant; however, the University is under no obligation to accept any Prospective Students referred by the Consultant.