Here are some examples of success stories that started out at Linköping University.
SectraFoto: David Einar NygrenSectra develops medical IT and secure communication. It was founded in 1978 by researchers at Linköping University: Professor Ingemar Ingemarsson and his three doctoral students, Viiveke Fåk, Rolf Blom and Robert Forchheimer. Sectra is strongly oriented towards research and an important collaborative partner of Linköping University. The company sells its products throughout the world.
IFSIFS, a developer of business software, was founded in 1983 by LiU alumni Bengt Nilsson and Manni Svensson. Today the software suite IFS Applications has more than one million users worldwide.
SP DevicesSP Devices develops high performance analogue-to-digital signal processing technology. The company was founded in 2004 by LiU alumni and has its roots in LiU research. Part of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated since 2017.
ScissSciss developed the Uniview software used for visualisation in planetariums and dome theatres all over the world. The company was founded in 2004 by LiU alumni Staffan Klashed and Per Hemmingsson, based on a thesis project for the Hayden Planetarium dome in New York.
More companies with a Linköping University backgroundMany more companies have LiU origins, for example:
- Againity, turning waste heat into electric power
- Amra, body composition measurements
- Biacore, protein interaction analysis, acquired by GE Healthcare
- Calluna, ecological consultancy
- Cbot, automation solutions for the construction industry
- Chargestorm, charge station solutions for electrical vehicles
- Classic, high-performance wide bandgap semiconductors
- Configura, space-planning software
- Cybaero, remotely piloted helicopters
- Epishine, organic solar cells
- Glycobond, proprietary carbohydrate-binding reagents for use in diagnostics of liver cancer
- Graphensic, high-quality epitaxial graphene on silicon carbide
- Impact Coatings, surface treatment
- Innetics, simulation of biological processes
- Intentia, business software, merged with Lawson Software, then acquired by Infor
- Intuitive Aerial, aerial cinema systems
- Ixel, virtual immersive experiences, acquired by Dataton
- Linkocare, bioengineered cornea
- Neo technology, graph database
- Nira Dynamics, tyre pressure monitoring
- Norstel, silicone carbide
- Oboe IPR, handles patent rights in organic bioelectronics
- Perimed, peripheral vascular diagnosis
- Senionlab, indoor positioning
- Sick-IVP, the world’s fastest industrial vision camera, acquired by Sick
- Softube – guitar amplifiers
- Synthetic MR, fast MRI workflows
- System Identification Toolbox, mathematical models
- Visage Technologies, face tracking and animation