Medical Inflammation and Infection Center is seeking postdoctoral fellows
We are looking for a suitable international candidate for a two-years MIIC International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program to join our multi-disciplinary international team, which has strong interest and expertise in vaccine development and nanotechnology.
The successful candidate will be based at the Linkoping University will focus on the in vitro and in vivo feasibility study on nanovaccine in collaboration with University College London (UK). The successful candidate shall gain direct supervision from Prof Jorma Hinkula (LiU, Linkoping, Sweden) and Asso Prof Hirak K Patra (UCL, London, UK). The successful fellow will therefore get exposure and international training to the many varied aspects of cutting-edge pre-clinical biomedical research. The fellow will take responsibility of the everyday laboratory research liaising with the international team.
1. Design and perform in vitro and in vivo model for developing nano vaccines
2. Assisting with BSL3 laboratory management, maintenance and training
3. Assisting with the design and development of 3D spheroid model
4. Analyse, interpret & document data and results, and presenting findings
- PhD Degree in Biological Sciences, Bioengineering or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of infection animal models
- Knowledge on virus like particle or vaccine research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, able to plan and prioritise effectively
- A positive outlook, being a multidisciplinary team player willing to get involved and help out where necessary
- Ability to keep good up-to-date records with attention to detail
- Experience of running immunological assays
- Experience in a life science or bioengineering and virology laboratory
- Experience of 3D tissue culture
- Good IT skills, experience of running outreach activities
Please include a covering letter with your application describing how you meet the essential criteria for the role. Please ensure that you upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) with publication list, and a covering letter in the Upload section of the online application. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application. Please submit your application by midnight on the closing date.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Jorma Hinkula (email@example.com ) and Dr Hirak K Patra (firstname.lastname@example.org ) for queries related to the project.