The strategy establishes an overall objective and five long-term goals:
- Violence against children must be prevented
- Children's exposure to violence must be detected
- Children must receive the protection and support as well as the treatment they are entitled to
- Children's rights in the legal process must be met
- The development of knowledge and methods must be strengthened.
- Barnafrid is grateful to have had the opportunity to contribute to the strategy and now our work continues to spread knowledge about violence against children and young people to professionals which leads to more children growing up without violence, says Laura Korhonen, center manager at Barnafrid and participant in the investigation's expert group.
Here you can take part of the strategy: En uppväxt fri från våld (in Swedish)