- In the fall (Q3) of 2019 I am teaching the master-level course TSKS15 Detection and Estimation of Signals
- In the fall (Q4) of 2019 I will be teaching the undergraduate course TSKS11, Networks: Models, Algorithms and Applications
- In the winter 2017-2018 I taught a doctoral-level course on Advanced Topics in Detection and Estimation Theory
- communication theory and wireless systems
- multiple-antenna (MIMO) technology for wireless, especially massive (large-scale) MIMO
- statistical signal processing
- (cooperative) source localization
- security and privacy in communications, navigation and storage systems
- network science
- Current research sponsors: Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF); STINT; ELLIIT; Security-Link
- Previous research sponsors: Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences (KVA) rådsforskartjänst, 2007-2012, SSF Framtidens forskningsledare (2008-2013), U.S. National Science Foundation (theoretical foundations program), Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU), Wireless@KTH. My group was partner in FP7-SENDORA (2008-2010), FP7-LOLA (2010-2012) and FP7-SAPHYRE (2010-2012) and FP7-MAMMOET (2014-2016). We were also partner in H2020-ITN-5G-Wireless (2015-2018). I held a distinguished young researcher grant from the Swedish Research Council (VR) from 2013-2018.
- I have been a developer in the IT++ project, an open-source C++ class library for scientific computing and simulation
Current Ph.D. students (as main advisor):
- Unnikrishnan Kunnath Ganesan (M.Sc., IISc, India, 2014)
- Giovanni Interdonato (M.Sc, UNIRC, Italy, 2015)
- Ema Becirovic (M.Sc., LiU 2017)
- Olle Abrahamsson (M.Sc., LiU 2017)
- Ziya Gulgun (M.Sc., METU, Turkey, 2018)
- Zakir Hussain (M.Sc., IIIT Hyderabad, India, 2019)
Graduated Ph.D. students (as main advisor, at LiU):
- Marcus Karlsson (Lic. Eng. LiU 2016, Ph.D. LiU 2018)
"Dissertation title: "Blind Massive MIMO Base Stations: Downlink Transmission and Jamming"
Now with Veoneer AB, Linköping, Sweden.
- Hei Victor Cheng (Lic. Eng. LiU 2016; Ph.D. LiU 2018)
Dissertation title: "Optimizing Massive MIMO: Precoder design and power allocation"
Now with University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- Christopher Mollen (Lic. Eng. LiU 2016; Ph.D. LiU 2018)
Dissertation title: "High-End Performance with Low-End Hardware"
Now with Apple Inc.
- Antonios Pitarokoilis (Lic. Eng., 2013; Ph.D. LiU 2016)
Dissertation title: Phase noise and wideband transmission in massive MIMO
Now postdoc at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Sweden.
- Hien Q. Ngo (Lic. Eng., 2012; Ph.D. LiU 2015)
Dissertation title: Massive MIMO: Fundamentals and System Design.
Now lecturer at Queens University, Belfast, UK.
- Mirsad Cirkic (Lic. Eng., LiU 2011; Ph.D. LiU 2014)
Dissertation title: Efficient MIMO Detection Methods
Now with Ericsson, Linköping.
- Johannes Lindblom (Lic. Eng., LiU 2010; Ph.D. LiU 2014)
Dissertation title: The MISO Channel as a Model for Non-Orthogonal Spectrum Sharing
Now with FOI, Linköping.
- Reza Moosavi (Lic. Eng., LiU 2011; Ph.D., LiU 2014).
Dissertation title: Improving the Efficiency of Control Signaling in Wireless Multiple Access Systems
Now with Ericsson Research, Linköping.
- T.V.K. Chaitanya (Lic. Eng., LiU 2011; Ph.D., LiU 2013).
Dissertation title: HARQ Systems: Resource Allocation, Feedback Error Protection, and Bits-to-Symbol Mappings
Now with Huawei, Lund, Sweden.
- Erik Axell (Lic. Eng., LiU 2009; Ph.D., LiU 2012).
Dissertation title: Spectrum Sensing Algorithms Based on Second-Order Statistics
Now with FOI, Linköping, Sweden.
Graduated Lic. Eng. students (at KTH):
- Majid N. Khormuji (M.Sc., KTH 2006, Lic. Eng., KTH 2008)
(continued towards Ph.D. at KTH)