- In the fall (Q3) of 2017 I will teach the new master-level course TSKS15 Detection and Estimation of Signals
- In the fall (Q4) of 2016 I taught the undergraduate course TSKS11, Networks: Models, Algorithms and Applications
- In the spring of 2016 I taught a doctoral-level course on Fundamentals of Massive MIMO
- In the spring (Q2) of 2016 I taught the undergraduate course TSKS10, Signals, Information and Communications
- communication theory and wireless systems
- multiple-antenna (MIMO) technology for wireless, especially massive (large-scale) MIMO
- statistical signal processing
- (cooperative) source localization
- Current research sponsors: VR (Swedish Research Council, 2013-2018); EU Marie-Curie ITN 5G Wireless Project (2015-2018)
- Previous research sponsors: Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences (KVA) rådsforskartjänst, 2007-2012, SSF Framtidens forskningsledare (2008-2013), U.S. National Science Foundation (theoretical foundations program), Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU), Wireless@KTH. My group was partner in FP7-SENDORA (2008-2010), FP7-LOLA (2010-2012) and FP7-SAPHYRE (2010-2012) and FP7-MAMMOET (2014-2016).
- I have been a developer in the IT++ project, an open-source C++ class library for scientific computing and simulation
Current Ph.D. students (as main advisor):
- Hei Victor Cheng (M.Sc., HKUST, 2013)
- Marcus Karlsson (M.Sc., LiU 2013)
- Christopher Mollén (M.Sc., LiU 2013)
- Giovanni Interdonato (M.Sc, UNIRC, Italy, 2015), industrial Ph.D. student
Graduated Ph.D. students (as main advisor, at LiU):
- Antonios Pitarokoilis (Lic. Eng., 2013; Ph.D. LiU 2016)
Dissertation title: Phase noise and wideband transmission in massive MIMO
Now postdoc at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Sweden.
- Hien Q. Ngo (Lic. Eng., 2012; Ph.D. LiU 2015)
Dissertation title: Massive MIMO: Fundamentals and System Design.
Now lecturer at Queens University, Belfast, UK.
- Mirsad Cirkic (Lic. Eng., LiU 2011; Ph.D. LiU 2014)
Dissertation title: Efficient MIMO Detection Methods
Now with Ericsson, Linköping.
- Johannes Lindblom (Lic. Eng., LiU 2010; Ph.D. LiU 2014)
Dissertation title: The MISO Channel as a Model for Non-Orthogonal Spectrum Sharing
Now with FOI, Linköping.
- Reza Moosavi (Lic. Eng., LiU 2011; Ph.D., LiU 2014).
Dissertation title: Improving the Efficiency of Control Signaling in Wireless Multiple Access Systems
Now with Ericsson Research, Linköping.
- T.V.K. Chaitanya (Lic. Eng., LiU 2011; Ph.D., LiU 2013).
Dissertation title: HARQ Systems: Resource Allocation, Feedback Error Protection, and Bits-to-Symbol Mappings
Now with Huawei, Lund, Sweden.
- Erik Axell (Lic. Eng., LiU 2009; Ph.D., LiU 2012).
Dissertation title: Spectrum Sensing Algorithms Based on Second-Order Statistics
Now with FOI, Linköping, Sweden.
Graduated Lic. Eng. students (at KTH):
- Majid N. Khormuji (M.Sc., KTH 2006, Lic. Eng., KTH 2008)
(continued towards Ph.D. at KTH)