When children are exposed to stress factors, a response mechanism is triggered that activates the entire body. If the child is exposed to repeated stress factors that do not permit rest and recuperation, the risk of impact on memory, learning, concentration, behavioural problems and changes to the stress system increases.
Director of research
I am director of research for the following projects:
- Kangaroo Study
- LiMoNid Study
- Sleep in parents of sick children
- Nourishing extreme preterm infants
I am also participating in these projects:
- Development of infant circadian rhythm of cortisol (USDyk)
- Development and Evaluation of a Transitional Family Centred Care Model for Families of Preterm Infants
- Fear of the needle among children and adolescents
I teach at the Specialist Nursing programme with a specialisation in health care for children and adolescents.