MIIC´s overall goal is to perform high quality basic and clinical research that provide new research findings that can contribute to improve human health on a national and global level.
MIIC aims to:
- Create a collaborative and integrative environment in MIIC research areas, infection and inflammation, that strengthens the basic (LiU) and clinical research (Region Östergötland/Sydöstra sjukvårdsregionen)
- Form bridges between the Medical Faculty, Technical Faculty and clinical research that enable collaborations and joint ventures that will improve treatment and diagnostic procedures useful for health care and society
- To help and support the recruitment of additional scientists, primarily international postdocs and new principal investigators for MIIC’s basic and clinical medical research
- Increase the high impact publications as measured by publications in the top 25% journals within the specific research field and publications with an impact factor over 4
- Take advantage of the different expertise within MIIC to instruct about state-of-the-art technology/methods to advance the research within MIIC
- Provide MIIC PhD Students, postdoc fellows, and junior researchers with a research environment where they can flourish and develop their scientific skills