MIIC´s overall goal is to perform high quality basic and clinical research that provide new research findings that can contribute to improve human health on a national and global level.
MIIC aims to:
- Help form bridges between basic and clinical research within the MIIC research area
- Create a collaborative, integrative and creative environment that strengthens the research within MIIC
- Take advantage of the different expertise within MIIC to instruct about state of the art technology/methods to advance the research within MIIC
- Help with the recruitment of new principal investigator scientists within the MIIC research area
- Encourage new collaborations by providing seed grants with the aim of long-term collaboration, joint publications and grant applications
- Increase the high impact publications as measured by publications in the top 25% journals within the specific research field and publications with an impact factor over 3
- Provide internationalization by recruiting young scientist to its post doc program
- Provide MIIC post doc and junior researchers with a research environment where they can flourish and develop their scientific skills by e.g. Leaderships program, seminars and retreats.