Erik has long experience of research on circular economy and remanufacturing. He wrote his PhD thesis in 2004 entitled Product and Process Design for Successful Remanufacturing. His dissertation is popular (downloaded more than 20 000 times) since it is not many dissertations written about remanufacturing. Most of Erik’s research has been focusing on remanufacturing but lately the subject of sustainable manufacturing and product service systems has also been researched. Within product service systems Erik is one of the top 5 most cited authors.
Erik has been working within several national and international research projects where he has participated in 5 European Union projects that focuses on improving the preconditions and competitiveness for remanufacturing companies. He has also arranged international conferences on remanufacturing (ICoR) and product service systems (IPS2).
- CarE-Service – Circular Economy Business Models for innovative hybrid and electric mobility through advanced reuse and remanufacturing technologies and services
- CIRC€UIT – Circular European Economy Innovative Training Network
- L4IDS – Learning for Innovative Design for Sustainability
- ERN – European Remanufacturing Network
- CAN-Reman - Testing and Diagnosis Technologies Development for Car Mechatronic and Electronic Remanufacturing
National research collaborations
Nationally Erik is leading and participating in several research projects on circular economy and remanufacturing. Much focus has lately been on how to best use life cycle information about products to facilitate remanufacturing and design-for-remanufacturing. He is also leading a project on sustainable manufacturing were an industrial cleaning and drying machine is developed using nothing but very clean water.
- ARR – Automation in Repair and Remanufacturing
- SQID – Sustainable and Qlean Industry Demonstrator
- Mistra REES - Resource-Efficient and Effective Solutions based on circular economy thinking
- RemProLife - Efficient Remanufacture through Use of Lean principles and Product Life-cycle data
- KEAP - Design for Remanufacture through Efficient Use of Product Life-cycle data
Do you want to read more about Erik and his projects, see his CV.