A requirement for research in the prevention and treatment of injury and sickness is knowledge of incidence, prevalence, natural course and causal mechanisms. Our research focus is to improve this knowledge of injury and sickness in different populations, especially in sports and work related populations. Epidemiological registering of preventative and health care interventions is another focus of the research area.
Epidemiological registering of preventative and health care interventions is another foucs of this research area. The importance and consequences not only on an individual level but also organizational and societal are investigated.
In this line of research, data is collected both nationally and internationally.
- Epidemiology of injury and sickness in sports populations (Martin Hägglund, Allan Abbott)
- Intervention for the prevention of sports injuries (Martin Hägglund)
Researchers in the Division of Physiotherapy participate in the development and utility of the following national quality registers:
- The Swedish National ACL register
- National register for pain rehabilitation
- HabQ - national quality register for habilitation