Within the knowledge area of professions, we explore different issues on profession and professional work in contemporary educational contexts. The research questions are interdisciplinary and signified by a critical point of view. The issues of the professions are the foundation of the research questions, formed in relation to educational practice and teaching methods of preschool, school, school-age educare and teacher education.
Our research concerns
- The professional knowledge of teaching groups in practice,
- The teaching practices of preschool, school-age educare and school,
- The relations between research and practice (action research in preschool, school-age educare, and school),
- The didactics of school-age educare,
- Lekresponsitivitet (”play-responsiveness”) in preschool in a European context.