Purpose and research questions
The purpose is to follow Region Östergötland’s development work process with the magnet model and more specifically investigate the implementation of this new innovative model for the supply of competence, with the focus on attracting, recruiting and retaining staff. The study has the following research questions:
- How are the development work and the design of Region Östergötland’s version of the magnet model organised?
- Which magnetic areas are prioritised in workplaces in Region Östergötland?
- What are the prerequisites for performing improvements and driving development work within the prioritised magnetic areas in workplaces?
The project has an interactive approach and the implementation of the magnetic model is followed by collecting data at meetings and workshops and through interviews with actors with different functions on different levels in the organization.
To contribute with knowledge about
- Strategies for the supply of competence in the public sector and, in particular, new innovative forms for attracting and retaining staff in the absence of skilled labour.
- How Region Östergötland organizes its version of the magnet model with a focus on roles, relationships and conditions at the organizational and workplace levels.
The study is financed by Vinnova through the Helix Competence Centre at Linköping University.