He leads the Reasoning and Learning lab within the Division of Artificial Intelligence and Integrated Systems (AIICS) in the Department of Computer Science (IDA).
Fredrik Heintz is
- Program Director of WASP-ED (Wallenberg Transformative Technologies Education Development Program).
- Director of the Graduate School for the Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program WASP
- Director of the Linköping University’s AI initiative
- Coordinator of the TAILOR ICT-48 network of AI research excellence centers
- President of the Swedish AI Society SAIS
- Member of the CLAIRE extended core team CLAIRE
- Member of the EurAI board EurAI
- Member of the European Commission High-Level Expert Group on AI
- Fellow of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences IVA
He is also very active in education activities both at the university level and in promoting AI, computer science and computational thinking in primary, secondary and professional education.