Research and Teaching
The main focus of interest for the AIICS division is artificial intelligence, it's foundations and its application to intelligent artifacts and decision support systems.
Intelligent artifacts are defined as man-made physical systems containing computational equipment and software that provide them with capabilities for receiving and comprehending sensory data, for reasoning, and for rational action in their environment.
Examples of such artifacts range from software agents to robotic systems such as ground, surface and aerial robots (UAVs, USVs and UGVs).
- Knowledge Processing Lab
- Natural Language Processing Lab
- Representation, Learning and Planning Lab
- Reasoning and Learning Lab
- Theoretical Computer Science Lab
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Technology Lab